Abby M. Sonin is a partner at Segan, Nemerov, Singer, Sonin & Tancer PC
Abby M. Sonin has an outstanding record of achievement in representing plaintiffs in the areas of medical malpractice, personal injury, municipal liability, construction sites and workplace injury, premises liability, nursing home abuse, product liability, and employment law cases.
Ms. Sonin has an excellent record of achievement. She has many multi million dollar and Million dollar recoveries earning her the multi million dollar advocates forum award.
Ms. Sonin is a top negotiator and trial lawyer. Ms Sonin has a strong history of advocating for her clients in a variety of fields. Prior to her becoming a plaintiffs attorney she worked for the Legal Aid Society, The New York City Law Department where she received accolades, awards, and commendations from government officials, the Community, and her peers. As a prosecutor, Ms. Sonin prosecuted the most violent offenders and became an arson expert. She successfully prosecuted the Riverdale Synagogue bombing which earned her nationwide recognition. She became a nationally recognized expert in Arson, and hate crimes and has been consulted on arson cases around the country.
While working as a deputy county attorney Ms. Sonin was considered a top negotiator while dealing with municipal entities including the police department, correctional facilities, and the Department of Social Services.
Known as “The Closer”, Abby Sonin has a reputation of getting outstanding settlements for her clients. She is often relied upon for her ability to settle medical malpractice, School Safety, nursing home cases,wrongful death, brain damaged baby cases, construction accidents, police brutality, civil rights cases, toxic mold cases, elevator cases, slip and fall, and trucking accidents.
Ms. Sonin lectures to organizations such as the New York City Fire Department, the New York City Fire Marshalls the New York City Police department, the New York City Office of School Safety, Bar associations, as well as various community groups throughout the tri state area.
- Abby Sonin has received awards for receiving two of the top 50 verdicts in New York in the same year. One was a premises liability cases and one was a wrongful death prison case.
- She received a spotlight verdict from Verdict search for a Three million five hundred thousand for a workplace settlement in Oneida county
- She was admitted to the million dollar and the multi million dollar advocates forum for life for her many multimillion dollar verdicts.
- personal injury lawyer, Litigator of the Year award from the American Institute of Trial lawyers
- Selected by peers for excellence in the practice of Personal Injury AND Medical Malpractice law by Lawyers of Distinction
- Selected as an outstanding lawyer to Super Lawyers, by lawyers in over 70 practice areas for peer recognition and personal achievement.
Ms Sonin received her undergraduate degree from American University and her law Degree from Quinnipiac University School of Law.