Premises Liability Lawyer NYC
In New York, property owners have a legal obligation to keep their buildings and lots safe and maintained. They must also adequately warn individuals entering their property of any unsafe conditions. If they fail to meet these duties of care to the public, they may be legally liable for any resulting injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured by such a hazard, contact an experienced premises liability lawyer at Segan, Nemerov & Singer, P.C as soon as possible.
Common injuries suffered in premises liability cases
Since a premises liability claim can stem from almost any kind of hazard, such claims can involve almost any type of personal injury. But certain types of accidents and injuries lead to premises liability cases more often than others.
- Structural defects. If any part of a building or structure collapses and causes injuries, the owner of the building or structure could face legal action.
- Defective stairways. If you are injured falling down a staircase due to a preventable defect, you may have a valid premises liability claim against the owner of the property.
- Slippery or wet floors. This is another common cause of falls in premises liability cases. Property owners are legally obligated to dry any liquids that could cause a slip on their property and are liable for resulting injuries if they do not.
- Defective or poorly maintained sidewalks. Snow and ice on sidewalks, steps and driveways frequently cause slip and fall accidents.
- NYC property owners are also responsible for the maintenance of the sidewalks in front of their buildings, with certain exceptions.
Other common factors in premises liability include:
- Poor facility management
- Poor lighting
- Faulty elevators
- Broken escalators
- Defective porches
How can a personal injury attorney help a premises liability victim?
While premises liability is just one of the practice areas we handle at Segan, Nemerov & Singer, P.C , our legal professionals are thoroughly prepared to handle your particular claim as vigorously and thoroughly as if you were our only client. We help you determine:
- If there was negligence on the part of the property owner — a fundamental requirement of any premises liability claim. If we do not find sufficient evidence of negligence, we let you know immediately, rather than allow you to initiate a claim that cannot succeed.
- If this negligence was a factor in your injury — even if the property owner was technically negligent, your claim is invalid if the negligence did not lead to your injury in some fashion.
Do not delay in contacting an experienced premises liability attorney
If you or someone you love is injured and has a premises liability case in New York City, contact the premises liability lawyer at Segan, Nemerov & Singer, P.C. as soon as possible either online or at (212) 696-9100. FREE CONSULTATION!