Car Accident Cell Phone Statistics
Hiring a New York City car accident lawyer is one of the most important decisions you can make if you are involved in an auto accident. Keeping both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road is imperative to safely operating a motor vehicle. The slightest distraction can result in a terrible car accident. While auto accidents have many causes, few are as preventable as those involving the use of cell phones.
Eating, listening to the radio, and talking to passengers are also distracting behaviors that can cause an accident. However, talking or texting on a cell phone diverts a tremendous amount of focus away from the road and increases your chances of involvement in an auto collision. A New York City car accident lawyer can help you file a lawsuit if you are injured by a distracted driver.
Cell phone use and car accidents
Technological advances over the last ten years have made cell phones smaller, more durable, and less expensive. As a result, few people leave their homes without one. Additionally, cell phone use is quickly becoming one of the leading causes of car accidents in the U.S. If you are injured by a driver who is using a cell phone, it is in your best interests to contact an experienced New York City car accident attorney as soon as possible.
- People who use cell phones while driving are four times more likely to be in a car accident.
- Cell phones cause 200 traffic fatalities and half of a million injuries each year.
- Drivers who use cell phones are 18 percent slower to react to brake lights.
- Automated voice hands-free cell phone devices divert the attention of a driver more than a non-voice automated display system.
- Answering and making calls are increasingly dangerous during complicated maneuvers like merging or taking an off-ramp.
- Older drivers who use cell phones are less likely to be involved in car accidents than younger drivers.
- Brain activity associated with driving is reduced by 37 percent while using a cell phone.
People who text or talk on a cell phone while driving endanger the lives of everyone around them. Contact a skilled New York City accident attorney if you are in a collision with a driver who is using a cell phone.
Our attorneys provide the breadth of experience and depth of knowledge you need
Catastrophic injuries that result from complex accidents require the examination of all sources of liability and recovery. Our New York City auto accident lawyers consult with medical experts, accident reconstruction experts, economists, vocational experts, life planners, and other experts to determine your damages, including future expenses. As our client, you can rely on us to maximize the ultimate recovery you receive. Contact us to discuss pursuing fair compensation for personal injuries that resulted from a car accident.